Death of the Spider Woman



Last week, I heard that sculptor Louise Bourgeois passed away at the age of 98. While I am not familiar with the full range of her work, I do know that she did something that even Bert I. Gordon, "Mr. B.I.G." himself, could never accomplish: she sent giant spiders to cities all over the world. While her bronze spider sculptures were various depictions of the abstract concept of spider-ness (instead of being anatomically accurate re-creations of actual spiders), they neverthess captured the spindly, nimble, multi-limbed spirit of spiders, scorpions, and all other things of the creepy-crawly variety.

Click the link below for a picture gallery of Bourgeois' spiders at their various locations. Earth versus the spiders, indeed.











 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten Recommended NECA Predator Action Figures

Zoids, Robo Strux and Starriors--Oh My!

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 1 of 4): Characters