Helping Japan, Anime Geek Style


Even though I don't consider myself to be the most ardent fan of Japanese pop culture, I clearly understand and am very grateful for the influence Japan has had on my appreciation of horror, sci-fi and fantasy entertainment. Thus, it would be remiss of me to not use my blog to help Japan in some way to recover from its recent disasters. Here are a few things you can do to help:

  • While I'm a bit late in promoting this, We Heart Japan is holding a charity art event at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles, CA tonight from 8 to 11 p.m. Various anime artists and voice actors will be in attendance, and 100% of the proceeds will benefit Japanese earthquake victims through the Japan NGO Earthquake Relief and Recovery Fund. Click here for more details.
  • If you miss tonight's event, don't worry. The One Piece Podcast will be holding a 24 hour marathon podcast this weekend to raise money for victims of the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan. Click here for more details about the marathon podcast, and for additional ideas for donations you can make to help Japan.
  • Finally, click here to go to Robotech.com, the site where I got the information you are reading here. There are some additional donation suggestions there as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 1 of 4): Characters

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 2 of 4): Vehicles and Equipment

The Thing 2: A Sequel Frozen in the Lost Video Game Wasteland