Nerd Devotion in Lego

For as long as I can remember, I've had a strong admiration (not to mention something of a mild jealousy) of people who have mastered the hobby of miniature sci-fi/horror model making. My skill level only gets me as far as buying an occasional highly-detailed NECA action figure--or, as I would prefer to call them, "highly-detailed, pre-painted, pre-assembled model kits for people who lack the time, money and talent to paint and assemble highly-detailed model kits".

However, I reserve my deepest geek appreciation for those who go the extra mile to design entire model kits from scratch by themselves. Many do it as customized garage kits, some of which are even made available for purchase (either assembled or unassembled) by others. But my post for today focuses on 15-year-old Sven Junga, who has made some eye-popping models of vehicles from Stargate, Star Trek and Star Wars from nothing but Legos. Yep, Legos. I hang my model-assembly-challenged nerd head in shame. Read on . . .

I've posted some pictures of Junga's work below, and you can go to his Flickr site for more Lego-goodness. His attention to detail is phenomenal and if this doesn't leave you wondering why there isn't a Lego-based Stargate video game out there yet, I don't know what will.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 1 of 4): Characters

The Thing 2: A Sequel Frozen in the Lost Video Game Wasteland

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 2 of 4): Vehicles and Equipment