Titans, Terrors and Toys Greatest Hits, Volume 1: 2010 - 2011


This week marks the first anniversary of Titans, Terrors and Toys, something that I didn't think would ever happen. I was reluctant to start this blog in the first place last February but now that a year has passed and I have gotten my feet wet in the blogosphere, I'm glad to say that I did it. Writing this blog has been a blast, the feedback has been positive, and I got to reach out to some pretty cool folks along the way. Expect to see more full frontal nerdity of the horror/sci-fi variety on this blog in the year to come, and please feel free to post comments to let me know how I'm doing--constructive criticism is always welcome here.

In honor of this anniversary, I've decided to post a list of the ten posts that received the most hits during this blog's freshman year. Continue reading after the break to see the topics that have brought the most readers to Titans, Terrors and Toys.

Here's the list of highest rated Titans, Terrors and Toys posts according to Blogger, from the highest number of hits to the lowest:
  1. Jaws: The Revenge Production Analysis, Part 1: When The Shark Jumps The Shark
  2. Tron and Tron Legacy: The Secret, Scandalous Lives of Computer Programs Exposed!
  3. An Exclusive Look at Comic-Con 2010 Exclusives
  4. Jaws: The Revenge Production Analysis, Part 2: This Time, It's Marital
  5. Great Moments in Movie Spoiler History: The Empire Strikes Back
  6. Zoids, Robo Strux and Starriors--Oh My!
  7. Collectible Christmas Ornaments Fit for Halloween Display
  8. Jaws: The Interactive Experience
  9. NECA Alien vs. Predator 2011 Exclusive
  10. Judging a VHS Tape by Its Cover
Of all of these posts, the ones that surprised me the most are those regarding Tron Legacy and Jaws: The Revenge. My movie reviews usually don't place on my blog's top ten list, so to see the one that covered both Tron and Tron Legacy rocket to the top (almost) was completely unexpected. While it was fun to research and write about what went wrong with the production of Jaws: The Revenge, I had no idea that it would generate so many hits--and by quite a significant margin no less. Who knew that one of the worst sequels ever made has so much drawing power? (Curiously, part 3 of my Jaws: The Revenge analysis, Sequel Envy, never placed on the top ten. I guess the appeal of cinematic schlockiness only goes so far.)

Two other posts that should receive honorable mention include The Crestwood House . . . of Horrors! and Fake Monster Shark Sighting in Cardiff, CA. These two posts consistently placed on the cumulative top ten list for quite a while before they were knocked off by the posts about Tron Legacy and NECA's Alien vs. Predator action figure set.

It's been a great year folks, and I look forward to seeing what happens next. Hope to see you there!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 1 of 4): Characters

The Art of Tron: Uprising (Part 2 of 4): Vehicles and Equipment

The Thing 2: A Sequel Frozen in the Lost Video Game Wasteland